Friday, October 13, 2006

Crossroads

I have been thinking a lot about my life after I graduate. And I finally came up with 2 options:

1) Find a nice girl, get married, have kids, earn lots of money, take care of my parents and family. Basically a really conventional and stable life. I guess it would be what most of our parents would consider to be a "successful" life.

2) Stay single, earn loads of money, travel the globe. This sounds like a more interesting option to me minus the stay single part though.

It seems so easy now that I have only 2 options to choose from. But well it's really tough; follow the crowd and make the people around me happy or deviate and make myself happy?

It seems that it is not that easy to always follow your heart. At least I don't think I have the courage to deviate from the norm as of now. There are just so many people around me that i can't bear to disappoint.

Maybe I will find an answer when i'm faced with the realities of the working life...

maybe...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kailin said...

But what makes a married life more interesting?? haha. Sorry to sound so cynical, but personally, I like the 2nd option :P

7:16 PM  
Blogger ivan said...

Easier said than done girl... I guess it is easy if you are an orphan. It is just so hard to be selfish

11:36 PM  
Blogger londoners said...

heiii! don't feel alone... after finland I have the same doubts about my life and society... ;) why do we always follow people and never think about what really makes us and our people happy...?? if we'd just spend 5 minutes per day thinking about it... everything would be easier... it's difficult to make people understand this concept when they're so into stressful, competitive and selfish lifestyle... let's try to keep the values we learned in finland... iso pusu from barcelona!

3:02 AM  
Blogger ivan said...

Laia!!! I miss you ppl so much. i have managed to sort out my thoughts. I think I know what i want to do with my life. Hope to see you either in Barcelona or in Singapore soon!!! hugs!

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home