Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Updates for my dear friends in Europe

Hello friends, it's back to warm warm singapore for me. Here's an update of my life back home... no photos though. I only have dial up back home just like alesh.

Guess what, my flight from Helsinki to Singapore was delayed for 3hours and i spent 3 hours in the airport watching V for Vendetta with my friend and a finnish kid. (we were nice to let him join us :P)
And we got some coupon for refreshments at the cafeteria (Fabian you were right abt the compensation :)

So it was 2.15am (Helsinki time = singapore time +5 hours) when the plane finally took off.
The 3 hours was unbearable... i missed my friends so terribly that i was rambling non-stop to poor xianzhi. so thank you xianzhi. I can't imagine how it will be like if i were taking the flight alone man.

Then i finally arrived in singapore at 9.30pm and i was so not used to seeing so many asians :P and when i stepped out of the airport.. it felt so suffocating... the humidity makes me feel that breathing was so difficult. Fortunately, it had just rained and so the temperature was bearable and i did not melt.

As for now, I have found myself a job at Max Brenner chocolate bar in esplanade mall... pay is meagre but given the conditions that i can only commit for 2 months plus the freedom to choose when i want to work... i thought it was alright. In addition to that, i'm a guy. (Girls usually have less difficulty finding part time jobs cos of sex appeal.. i guess)
So free chocolates for 2 months =)

Wish me luck in my first F&B job.

4 Comments:

Blogger Qi said...

wat sex appeal? I think it's more of the courtesy thing and gals seems to be much more receptive abt the customers' needs? anyway, i haven't heard of any guys being turned away fr a job just cos he's a guy, more like a gal will get turned away when she can't handle the strength need to complete certain jobs loh...:P anyway, welcome back!

5:37 AM  
Blogger ivan said...

really.. i see so many surveyors job on paper that says female working environment.

8:30 AM  
Blogger londoners said...

ooohhhh! u're so cute ivan!we missed you as well and still do... but I know how to handle it now... thank you! and... chocolate... what a great job u've got!!!! I couldn't work there, they'd invite me to leave the job...hehehe... big kiss from leppävaara and soon from barcelona ;)

9:37 AM  
Blogger ivan said...

hei Laia!! surprised to see you post a comment here. You should start blogging in english soon so i can post my comment on your blog :) I must go to barcelona one day

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home