Friday, January 20, 2006

1st sauna party in Otaniemi

Jinfu and me at the party

My crazy spannish friend, Daniel; he's always so funny - free entertainment
He's holding a 'diploma' to certify that he ate the finnish snacks and jumped into the sea

My tutor, Elina and Aya, japanese exchange student

The finns love sauna (naturally because of the cold climate) but wat was interesting was that, they jump into the sea after the sauna; I heard that this was good for blood circulation but I decided that I might die of shock under that kind of sudden change of temperature so I gave it a miss. But I did try to do something like that at the place I stay; we had a sauna there. So we went in and when everyone was steaming, we stood outside in the cold with only our towel on. Well, it was not that bad and it felt really refreshing; guess I will jump into the sea the next time. And I had my taste of some finnish snacks. I especially like this candy salmiakki which was salty and smells of herbs. But I thot it was really unhealthy since it contains lots of salt. Well, the party was fun but I thought it could be better if I had joined my other group of friends at club oopperra cos there was a nice finnish band playing there that night. Well, I guess I will have my chance... 5 more months... hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home