Thursday, January 19, 2006

museums and reindeer meat!!!

I know this is a repost but I thought the last post had a bad description. haha. The lady in blue really looks like liv tyler in real person (elf princess in lord of the ring)
And here we are at the restaurant called kuu which means moon in finnish. It was really a posh restaurant and for a moment I thought I was going for fine dining judging from the knives and forks that were laid before me. Luckily it was not and the portion was huge enough. I had porykanista (I hope i spelled it correctly) It was sauteed reindeer meat with mashed potatoes and fresh cranberries. It was really really tasty. Taste a bit like mutton but 100 times nicer. haha. It was quite expensive 16.80 euros but I thought it was worth it for eating santa claus' transport. I wanted to take a picture of the dish but the atmosphere was too posh for that and my finnish tutors were around... I guess I will do that on my next visit when i'm with my s'porean frens; I intend to go there again before I fly back to s'pore.

We went to another art gallery and sad to say I did not manage to appreciate those paintings... Well they were beautifully done but I could not appreciate their value beyond that (fortunately, it was free entry, haha) But this was one painting that I particularly liked; the expression in the girl's eyes; it's a kind of helplessness and despite her young age, she knew she had to help (she's carrying a thin branch) I thought this was really a good one.


At the museum
I thought I had wasted 4 euros when I first entered the museum when I saw the rocks and pebbles on display. Luckily, it was not as boring as it seems. I realised that the whole museum was carefully arranged in such a way where it took you on a systematic chronological path to learn about the finnish history. They have really informative and interesting write-ups but I didn't manage to finish reading them all because we were rushing for time to visit another art museum. The finns have never failed to impress me with the way they consider human factors in their designs be it their basket in the supermarket, layout of buildings, safety features. They are really good. I'm not sure but they give me a feeling that they really put in lots of efforts when they want to do something. Impressed.
Alright i really got to leave soon. moi moi (bye bye in finnish)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home