Thursday, January 19, 2006

taking the easy way out

The super grand church at Senate Square

Me at Senate Square

Ferry terminal at helsinki city centre

To IKEA with my finnish tutors and exchange students; my tutors were really nice, at least the nicest ard. They plan so many trips, to bars, skating, finnish dinner..... more photos later

Learning to play spannish cards from Daniel (left of picture). It's something like bridge but more fun (at least I thought so). I told him to get a pack for me when he goes back to spain in Feb so I can go back to s'pore and teach those who are interested. Btw, it's not poker cards that we are using.

I cooked, hehe

Wet clothes left at the balcony for too long; luckily they didn't break

Freezing our ice-cream in the balcony; why do you need a freezer in winter?

Shopping mall (sello) near my place

View from my room

dinner at my place


My neighbourhood on a rare sunny day

The street along where I stay


Alright I had intended to account for every single day I spent in Finland so far but I just can't find the motivation to start recalling the events. So I shall do this haphazardly (whenever I feel like it). At least, I will have more stuff on my blog for reading; I hope. Anteeksi (sorry in finnish) for making this blog look like a photo blog. Well, I started my finnish classes... they were really interesting but this is really a difficult language; it sucks that I cannot show off more of my finnish because my keyboard does not have 2 vowels they use. School started but i'm not at all feeling unmotivated because they do not use the bell curve here for grading and I finally felt how is it like to be learning stuff purely for the sake of gaining knowledge; in singapore it is for passing exams and getting 'A's. As good as it sounds, exchange has started to make me appreciate myself being singaporean (seriously).

And after going to a club here, I don't think I will want to go to one in singapore anymore. The atmosphere is different and it is really more fun here. You get to meet ppl and get acquainted with them. Now this is what I call a real club. But then again those in Singapore are much safer I guess... at least for girls who get too drunk.

Oh and zara is the cheapest boutique here and so I got all the clothes I needed for this -20 degrees temperature country. I guess I will be too branded when I go back to Singapore. Haha. I actually have many more photos of the night view of the city area but it takes a really long time to upload those. So I have done it only selectively. Ask from me when i'm back in Singapore. Btw the internet connection I have here is 512 because I live off campus (shucks!)

Just when I thought my blog was the most outdated, I saw Jinfu's. He has only one post so far! HAHAHAHAHA. Ok I will try to make this longer in the 30 minutes I have left before i'm off to barfly. I think I shall start a new post... this is too long I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger jOzACh said...

haha, the dried clothes look quite cool... like clay statues... haha!

u all look like you're having the time of ur life there... stop comparing to Spore la... diff place, diff culture...

p/s I juz found out my printer died in its sleep. Sigh, first my son, now my brother...

10:31 AM  
Blogger ivan said...

I guess it is fun because everything is novel to me? What can students from singapore do other than compare? haha. It goes to show i'm still singaporean.

Your printer died? now that's not my fault. i'm sorry for your squash racket though; u r weird, stop calling your belongings your son, your brother, friend.. haha

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home