Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Nice Easter

Just before all of us leave for our Easter trip, the girls in leppavaara were really nice to invite me to their egg-painting dinner. So today I had my first go at egg painting (celebrating easter the authentic way). All thanks to the 3 kind ladies who organised, cook, baked, and prepared everything.



And here they are, from the foreground: Lily, Laia and Fredie

We literally had a feast... salads, omelettes (we needed the egg shells for painting), cakes, chocolates, sweets... burpppp
There was no space for the ice-cream i brought in the end.

The salads

Potato, cucumber, mushroom, tomato, bacon omelette, you name it we have it... and all of them really tasted so good. Confused about how we retain the shape of the egg but get the contents out?? Well it is called egg-blowing.

As demonstrated by Alesh. Basically you make a hole with something sharp for blowing... and a smaller hole at the other end for the contents to come out. Interesting.

The cakes!!! superbly yummy..... They were not bought but baked by the 3 wonderful ladies.

Dinner is served!!!

Professor Lily lecturing on the techniques of egg painting =p

Egg-painting tools; those are dyes, the base is vinegar i think...

What we created

My first authentic easter egg

Thank you girls again! I really enjoyed this Easter dinner and egg-painting. For now I shall catch some sleep before I wake up at 6am to catch the ferry to Tallinn.

Eastern Europe... here I come!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home