Monday, March 20, 2006

Lahti

On the 4th of March (yes i know it's outdated), I went to Lahti with Dai Da (north of Helsinki) with the intention to snow board but somehow, I was lucky and I managed to watch one of the greatest winter games: the Lahti Ski games and not to mention join in one of the warehouse parties there. All these, thanks to my hospitable finnish friend, Toni!!! Toni was on exchange in Singapore and that's how I got acquainted to him. I didn't know how crazy he can be until I went to Lahti (the place he stays). Enjoy the photos.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Me and Toni's dog, Leevi. It was so adorable. Sorry Yvonne, it was cuter than loki and I bet my sis must be really jealous of me. hehe.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And finally, this is Toni!!! in his kitchen.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Toni's beautiful house. I can imagine how it will be like in Summer...wooo




Kite-boarding at a harbour in Lahti; Toni drove us there =D

Walking towards the sea to take a closer look at the kite-boarders


Image hosting by Photobucket

Yes, i'm not kidding you, we really went onto the sea... look at the jetty

Image hosting by Photobucket

The closer look as promised

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ski-jumping towers, pay me a 1000 euros and I will still never jump down that tower

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 of us, freezing except toni... he's finnish. haha

Image hosting by Photobucket

Some pretty hosts of the event

Image hosting by Photobucket

Cross-country skiing event

Image hosting by Photobucket

Cheerleaders... want a closer look?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Here you go

Image hosting by Photobucket

Cute baby and mum, yes i sought her approval

Image hosting by Photobucket

FINLAND!!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

There were 28,000 ppl there

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Fireworks after the events ended. It lasted really long so I gave up and videoed it down after taking these 2 photos.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Mr Leevi again, poor dog, I guess it must be really confused by me speaking english.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Warehouse party!! toni, daida, camel and me... chamel-pronounced as "sha-mel"

Image hosting by Photobucket

Snowboarding!!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Before I fell

Image hosting by Photobucket

Gravity triumphed

Image hosting by Photobucket

Our nice host... Toni!!! Connections work in Finland. He got us a huge discount for the snowboarding and i mean really huge. Probably the best rate you can find in Finland. hehe.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And who can forget our cute Leevi staring at us when we were about to leave for Helsinki.

2 Comments:

Blogger fish in da bowl said...

ahaha leevi is really cute lar...get a highland terrier westie like him too when ur back...ill try to ask loki to make friends with him

6:52 AM  
Blogger ivan said...

Erm... that is not a good idea... I don't want to buy you a new cat.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home