Monday, February 13, 2006

Santa Claus Village

After having breakfast at Rudolf hostel, we headed for santa claus village.

Just when I thought the scenery in Rovaniemi city was fantastic, I was wrong. As the bus travelled away from the city... oh my god. The scenery was just too amazing --- totally white. dense acres of pine trees that were covered with snow; everything felt so magical and I finally start to feel like winter for the first time in Finland -- this is the real winter wonderland, I thought to myself.


Journey to the village


At last we reach santa village after 20 minutes on the bus. Yeah and as usual it looked too commercialized but still it was beautiful. We headed for santa's main office to catch a glimpse of him before his bed time. We wandered around the village but everything was too commercialized and so I decided we should venture away from the village so that we could get closer to the beautiful nature. I shall let the photos do the talking:

Giant snow man outside santa village. Yes it's real snow.

In front of santa's main office

Vandalising the thick snow wall. HAHA

Arctic circle centre, notice how clear the sky was. hehe.

And I finally had a chance to use my sunglasses

winter wonderland - mesmerizing

The "playground" we found

My snow bed - very very comfortable

With blanket

This was how thick the snow was

The number of dives we did

Santa knew where s'pore is; where's my presents?? got to interrogate him. hehe

Good idea to kidnap his reindeer in exchange for all my presents

Snow mobile!!!!

After getting our snow mobile licenses from santa. haha

A last glimpse of santa's village

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home